Sunday, September 20, 2009

Money money money and schedules and. . .

Hi all,

I thought that title might get your attention. On Friday after several phone calls, I finally received word that the check was in the mail from John Mullin. So, for those of you (grad students) who have been with the group since April, please contact Kathy Ready about making up a contract so that you can get your $200. For others of you, I ask that you wait until October for your request for funds. I am also in the process of writing a proposal for a research grant and if i receive some funds from that will be hiring a video person and some interviewers so more money might be in your future. For faculty, paying you is more complicated, so we might have to do some bartering or perhaps I could buy you some school supplies. . . :0)

Regarding protocol for the dialogues. As I have mentioned to you all, there are a few things i will ask that you do for each session: put up the sheets @ learning community, goals for the sessions and difference between dialogue and debate. I also would like for you to have the students spend one or two minutes at the end of the session writing a brief reflection paper. This is important, both to our research and to their teachers, so please don't forget. I am still working on room assignments.

Information sessions begin tomorrow at noon. You are more than welcome to attend--especially Thursday because i can't be there. Lily will be in charge but she could use the help--and company. We will also go into the classes with which we are working, so there might not be too many folks who show up, but please spread the word.

Practice sessions will be held on October 9 at 2 and on October 11. I know of only one person who can make the latter date, so please let me know if anyone else can make it on the 11th. The session on the 9th will be in the conference room on the third floor of Machmer, unless you hear otherwise :0)

Schedules for co-facilitation. Mariama developed a chart listing the schedules for herself, Hari, Danette and Brittni. I did another chart for the Ellen, Theresa, Liz, Molly and Wren group. There are few overlapping times, but there are some. Which means that some of you may have to facilitate with other folks. If you can do your own group chart, that'd be great; otherwise, I'll keep working on the charts, and you please send me your schedules. I can't seem to figure out how to publish PDFs to the blog, but once i get all schedules I'll send them to you all.

best,

Leda

No comments:

Post a Comment