Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Practice sessions and update

Hi and thanks to those who have posted your availability,

I have been running around trying to find slots on campus for 300+ bodies. Our scheduling officer in the dept cannot find regular rooms and so now i am going to individual departments. It's time consuming and when I think about matching names to rooms, etc for each sessions. . . Well, it's a bit of a nightmare. So, if you know of seminar rooms with availability on October 22 and 23, November 19 and 20 and December 3 and 4, please let me know. . . I am also concerned about getting food and drink to each room, but hopefully, we'll have some assistance on that end.

Scheduling facilitators and sessions. Thus far, there are a lot of folks offering to do the 12-2 and 2-4 slots and only Hari from 6-8. Dee and I can handle this if no one else can, but please let us know if you are able. Remember, we need to assess your availability and will then match it with students availability. If no students want to do 6-8 it won't be an issue.

So, practice sessions. My schedule is full, as I assume are yours. I am proposing two dates for practice sessions. Come when/if you can. October 9, 2-4:30 and October 16 noon to 2:30. I could also do either the 11th or the 18th if Sundays work best for people. These sessions are optional, but let me know your intentions, so that I can plan accordingly.

thanks for your assistance. happy fall semester!

Leda




5 comments:

  1. Hi Leda,
    Although I could use another practice session, I can not attend on Fridays. Ideally, I'd like to practice with my co-facilitator, yet I'm not sure who that will be. I could come to a practice session on Sunday, Oct. 11th, if my co-facilitator were also available at that time.

    Unfortunately, I don't know much about campus facilities, but I can offer help with setting up the rooms/food once locations are determined. Just let me know. Finally, I hope you are doing well, and trying to find some inner peace in spite of the outer chaos.
    ~Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can meet on either Friday for a practice session. Sundays would not be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm available on Fridays from 4-6, but not Thursdays (since I teach during that time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can attend the practice session on the 9th!

    -Brittni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, for the actual dialogues, the thursday slots I will be able to facilitate the 4-6 slot, and the friday slots I will be available to do 2-4.

    -B

    ReplyDelete